~ Yi-Fu Tuan ~
Nurture, a word that may be defined by the user. The process of nurturing is protection through caring, an encouragement. It is something that is ever present, a personal way of tending to something, supporting, rearing, fostering, a word of action. The word nourish is a synonym of this word and it’s origin is in alignment with the word nurse.
- Get a schedule and block out time for nourishment, create time to rest - call it . . . “Smile Time”.
- Breathe, chase the wind!
- Hydrate - gulp in clean water, the flow of life!
- Fast – “the less is more” concept. Make time to fast, float in your body and expand your consciousness.
- Adopt the "attitude of gratitude". Gratitude meditations can be done at work simply by creating lists of all the lings in your life that you are thankful for.
- Think joyfully about the challenges of the day. Adapt the “You got this!” mantra.
- If you can’t get away, create a nurturing place in your mind. A place that calms you, a place that nourishes you. Your mind does not know the difference between dreams and reality.
- Reward yourself with a new, healthy experience!
Bring out your inner smile today, find a way to bring it to the surface!